🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Help!

Started by
5 comments, last by Praveen Abraham 13 years, 8 months ago
Hello

I have planned to do a Masters in game development in UK and I have chose University of Abertay, Dundee.They offer two courses namely Msc Game Develpoment and MProf Game Development.Could anyone tell me the differnce between these courses and what course you recommend me to take.Btw, I have finished my ug in Computer Science and finished 4 or 5 modules in The Game Institue.Any help would be highly apprecieated.Thank you!

Regards,
Praveen Abraham.
Advertisement
Moving you to our Breaking into the Games Industry forum.

- Jason Astle-Adams

You should ask the school. They can tell you the differences between the courses because they designed them. They also know about the types of students in each course, so they can help you decide which will help you succeed.
Quote: Original post by Praveen Abraham
Could anyone tell me the differnce between these courses and what course you recommend me to take.

The school can tell you the difference. Then you can decide which, if any, is right for you.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Hi there,
I’m doing Mprof in Game Development at the moment. Main difference is that Mprof approach is to simulate real work environment and teach you as much as possible about the actual professional practice in the game industry. This course is definitely more challenging than others and requires a lot of motivation and dedication, but if you like making video games, you will love it. I can’t really say anything regarding Msc Game Development, but I’m sure it is a very good course as the University of Abertay Dundee is one of the best Universities in Europe regarding video game education. It is probably good idea to contact Uni directly and ask few questions.

Hope that was helpful.

Take care.

Maciej
Hello ugi4l,

Good to hear from someone who is doing the course!I wanted to know whether this course is business oriented or it covers the programming part?If so what are the core modules available? I'd like to hear soon from you as I need to start applyin for the course.Thank you.
And I want to know whether anyone who has no knowlegde in game programming can apply and catch up with the course?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement