🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Job help.

Started by
6 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 13 years, 5 months ago
i want to be a bad ass game programmer, i'm going to school for game productions, i currently started learning c++ and i'm starting to understand it,

i would like to start my programming career as soon as possible, in a chill place, i'm not looking for anything big right now, a 2d flash game job will be amazing :D.

were should i start to begin learning fast and get a programming job so i can expand my knowledge and understand it more, so i can build flash games fast and earn some

cash, while chillin :lol:

also what kind of codes do they make you start writing when you get your first programming job.

Advertisement
were should i start to begin learning fast and get a programming job so i can expand my knowledge and understand it more, so i can build flash games fast and earn some cash, while chillin

In the real world, they don't give you cash for chillin. Generally, that's what gets you fired.

That said, you don't need a programming job to learn programming. I would recommend you get a real honest-to-goodness job doing *anything* (legal) and do your programming and your "chillin" on the side.

From an employer's point of view, i want someone who already has skills, not someone who would simply like to have skills.

also what kind of codes do they make you start writing when you get your first programming job.

Whichever ones you apply for. Otherwise, you got snookered.
Hello Bernie,

You must not try to be in such a hurry. You're going to school, you say -- so go with the flow.
You asked:

were should i start to begin learning fast
In the school you're going to.

and get a programming job
Graduate first. THEN get a programming job.

so i can expand my knowledge
No. Expand your knowledge in school, so that you CAN get a programming job. Read the Forum FAQs (see link above).

It depends. Don't be in such a hurry! Gee!

By the way, what is your native language? Just curious.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

By the way, what is your native language? Just curious.

thanks for the tips bro, my native language is spanish.

i want to be a flash game programmer, do you recommend me to master c ++,

or the basics and then move to allegro.

If you want to be a Flash Programmer, why are you learning C++ and not Actionscript?

Steven Yau
[Blog] [Portfolio]

If you want to be a Flash Programmer, why are you learning C++ and not Actionscript?

i though that was the best language to program games, do i need to learn c++ for actionscript, or is actionscript a whole new diffrent language.

thanks for the tips
i want to be a flash game programmer, do you recommend me to master c ++,
or the basics

You're welcome. I recommend you begin with the basics.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

First figure out what you want to do. Then learn as much as you can. Do different projects. Ask questions here. Eventually you'll build a portfolio.

Example. If you want to be a Flash programmer, then learn what Flash uses to program and do some simple projects/code.

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement