🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

My Cover Letter - Gameplay Programmer

Started by
-1 comments, last by kev42100 13 years, 5 months ago
Hi all,

I would like to show you my cover letter in order to get some advices, some tips about it.
Sorry, there are still spelling mistakes ...
I would like to find a studio where I can develop on the new NGP (PSP2).

"
Dear ...,
Iam about to get my M.A degree in programming at ENJMIN ( the only video gamespublic school in France ), and I would like to apply for a position as agameplay programmer at XXX starting May 2011.

I am passionate about video gamesand programming, especially in Real-Time3D. My cursus and several professional experiences enabled me to get strongknowledge of C and C++ programming languages, shaders, completed with a good familiarity with 3Dmathematics that gave me some reasonably deep understanding of the elementsthat go into making a game engine.

During my cursus I had to work withinterdisciplinary teams in order to get prepared well to the needs of theindustry. I am curious and willing to diversy my skills and that is the reasonwhy I decided to work on distinct projects. First, we built a game enginewithin a team of 6 programmers in order to better understand how it works. Then,during my M.A cursus, I have developped various style of gameplay for myprojects, available and playable on my website ( http ://... .fr ).

I am willing to work abroad and particularly inthe United States to get my hands on console hardware and specifically on Sonyhardware since I am a huge fan ofSony’s licenses and range of products. That is the reason why I am very motivated to join your talented teamin order to bring all my skills and enthusiasm to your next projects.

I feel confident I can make an immediate andpositive contribution. If it appears that my qualifications meet your currentneeds, I would like to further discuss my background in a meeting with you.Attached you will find my resume for more details. Thank you for your time andconsideration. I look forward to your reply.

"

Thanks in advance !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement