🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Undergrad Portfolio

Started by
10 comments, last by frob 13 years, 3 months ago
Well I finally got a chance to fix up my portfolio. I gave it a little more contrast as far as color goes, I'm not a web developer or art major anyway. I think my biggest concern right now is my resume. I can't seem to make my skills section more descriptive without making it awkward. I'm strong in C# and AS3, the rest I have an introductory knowledge of.

Also a quick question about my objective, I may apply for a few QA positions this summer just to get some form of industry experience. Should I remove "programming" in the event it is not a programming position?

edit: here's the link again http://people.rit.edu/zwh8795/
Advertisement
Again, cut the skills section. Since you are a programmer and you also list windows programming stuff elsewhere Visual Studio is assumed. Since you list flash games specifically you don't need to call out action script and Flash application. You built a web site so HTML is assumed, and you won't be using HTML or PHP in your game making so there's not point. You list X360 and C# so XNA is assumed if you are going to a company that wants it. You might want to specifically mention XNA in your game blurb where you talk about using it.

Add the URL to your individual games so potential employers can actually look at them.

Look for opportunities to add to it. Since your expected graduation date is 2014 I assume your still an incoming freshman, and are therefore unlikely to get an internship this year or next. You generally won't get a regular full time job while you are still a full-time student, especially this early in your academic career.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement