🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Distance Learning Schools

Started by
3 comments, last by boohillie 13 years, 3 months ago
I'm hoping to start school to get a BS in Game Programming (Or programming in general - C++). Does anyone know of any good programs through Distance Learning that is fairly cheap (Around $100 a unit or less). I've been looking online and it seems there are many programs, but few that are cheap. If anyone knows some interesting options, I'd love to hear those too.

I'm thinking maybe a community college of some sort that has Distance Learning for their program. (By the way I'm from California).

Thanks.
Advertisement
Why are you taking a course? A: to get a job in games; B: to learn to program games.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Well I guess both, but more so B before A. (Sorry for the late response)
If you want a game programming job, go to a brick-and-mortar college and get a CS degree.
If you just want to learn programming and don't care about getting a game programming job, learn how to program any old way you want.
This thread probably needs to move to Breaking In.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Some states have a website that contain information about online and distance education programs that are offered by their schools.
Here is California's virtual campus page.
http://www.cvc.edu

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement