🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Isn't this too much?

Started by
16 comments, last by szecs 13 years, 2 months ago

I will go now and download Visual Studia 2008 C# express and watch some tutorials

What's wrong with Visual Studio 2010?
Advertisement
This is a classic Breaking In-type question. Moving.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

1. isn't it too much to learn C#... isn't it too much for me to learn?

[quote name='szecs']
2. You spend too much time thinking about what you should do, think and learn...
3. Any you worry too much mon!
[/quote]
1. Wow, what a bad question! You're looking for a shortcut. IMO, shortcuts bypass a lot of useful knowledge.
2. QFT
3. QFT2

@AndyEsser my pc is too old for VS 2010

@Tom Sloper Sorry, I didn't understood you.. What do you mean by saying shotrcut? Is it bad or good to learn C#? I'm really not that good in English and i did't understood your response.

Deltron Zero and Automator.

I am saying that you should stay the course. Study everything. Study anything. Do not try to avoid learning things.

I am saying that you should stay the course. Study everything. Study anything. Do not try to avoid learning things.

Thanks, I will learn C# then and don't stop, and of course don;t stop learning.

Deltron Zero and Automator.

[quote name='kaktusas2598' timestamp='1302790776' post='4798398']
I will go now and download Visual Studia 2008 C# express and watch some tutorials

[/quote]

Requires XP SP 3

[quote name='AndyEsser' timestamp='1302799125' post='4798458']
[quote name='kaktusas2598' timestamp='1302790776' post='4798398']

[/quote]

Requires XP SP 3
[/quote]

I fail to see how this is a problem with VS2010.

You might as well complain that VS2010 doesn't run on Windows 98, or on DOS 3.3.

XP is old for a mainstream operating system. It is no longer getting mainstream support from Microsoft. The earlier service packs are no longer supported, and they're only putting out limited security fixes for SP3. It is good, yes, but time to move on. Some people complain and are reluctant to move forward, but many people also complained with Win2000 hit it's end of life, and also when Win98 hit its end of life, and when plain old 16-bit DOS died. As far as customer support goes, XP ended two years ago.

I lived through that era of fighting for the few bytes of high memory, memory overlay mangers, and direct hardware manipulation. I'm glad those days are behind us, just like I'm glad I can blissfully ignore bug reports when people say "I'm running on XP." It is time to update your machine.
I didn't say it's a problem, but I guess that's the reason why the OP doesn't use VS2010, I don't care why he doesn't want switch to a more recent OS, I just stated something.... Perhaps I wasn't clear and my post implied that I consider that a problem.

Geez

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement