🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Son of Forum Game

Started by
12 comments, last by sunandshadow 22 years, 9 months ago
Hey all, I think it''s time for another forum game. Somebody else start this one rolling, I started the last 2.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Advertisement
Whats a forum game?

"I''ve sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do''Urden
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
A forum game is where we all cooperatively build a game world, design characters, and make up a story. In any given post you may suggest ingredients (names, objects, a style things should be done in, a plot element) or you may elaborate on someone else's ingredients. You may not elaborate on your own ingredients or post twice in a row or completely contradict something that someone else said, although you may reinterpret things or say that what the first poster said was what initially seemed to be true, but REALLY something else was going on, you get the idea.

Read the thread "Forum Game" - it was really cool and insane.

Edited by - sunandshadow on September 14, 2001 4:20:02 PM

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Grand steamboats, and a grander river.
On the shore of the river, there is a group of crocodiles that are deathly afraid of the people in the boat. Because...
...because they once ate one that really did taste of chicken ("Crocodiles are scared of chickens" David Attenborough)
"We Must Move Forwards NOT Backwards, Sideways NOT Forwards And Always Twirling Twirling Towards Success." - 2000"If You Keep Looking Forward Your Gonna End Up Looking Backwards At Yourself Running Sideways!" - 2001
This world has developed intelligent life both on land and underwater. Neither knows of the other''s existence. Both are similar human-like forms, indicating that perhaps both factioned from an original group forgotten in history.
Blah, I says.
*sigh*
Hows this? Got off to a bad start, eh? Try this one:

The name of this island-town is Riverstone, one of the smallest settlements on the entire continent. Its well known because it is the only island that is not surrounded by sea or ocean, but rather a large triangle shaped river. Every 5th full moon, the crocodiles would come up from the river and transform into crocodile people, or Croceope, taking whatever treasure they can from the people of Riverstone and bringing it to thier master, a creature who stayed as a Croceope forever, but could not leave the water.

But tonight was different.

Deep in the woods, a young man balanced on the thinnest branch he could find. He walked silently across it, and jumped down just as quietly. He held a sword nearly four times the legnth of his own body, and had a bow over his shoulder. His posture was beyond that of a warrior, and his muscle tone was finer than a barberian. But there was still more to this handsome young boy than the fine ninja he would grow to be, something far more important to him than his far future, you could see it in his ligh blue eyes.

"Are you done?" Came the voice of another young child, this one a girl, "I would sure like to try balancing, also!" She screamed it, breaking the boys concentration, and sending a smile to his serios face.

"I've sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do'Urden

Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on September 17, 2001 4:37:52 PM
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Hmm, a triangular river with an island in the middle... The number 3 is obviously sacred to the people of the river - they have triangular houses, 3 gods, etc. Therefore, there must be a third kid.
The girl sprang onto the branch and began trying to knock the boy off.
The third child, also a girl, watched and rolled her eyes. "Children, children! BE HAVE!" she said, in perfect immitation of their pompous nanny. The first two laughed, and this distracted them enough that they managed to knock each other off the branch. Then the third child lept onto the branch, nimply raced along it, and jumped off the far end. She ran off laughing, and the other two gave chase.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement