🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Continuing an idea

Started by
11 comments, last by max_wg 22 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I am working on a script and I have become stuck at a point. What are some methods that you writers use to become creative once again? Thanks, Max Max Bronsema max@seaspec.com
Max Bronsemamax@seaspec.com
Advertisement
What country/ state do you live in?

If you live in a nice place, then go for a walk from dusk till dawn. If you live in New York, I would not suggest that.

I usually go for a walk or go out and talk to friends.

The only good thing to do is read someone else''s book and see if it inspires you or gives you ideas. I don''t like that method that much.

"I''ve sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do''Urden
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
What kind of thing are you stuck on?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Well I am stuck on the idea of leaving a city. The main character is looking for a drug black market and once he finds it then what. He is in Orlando and I would like him to go under water but I am blanking on any kind of transitive quest/mission/complication to get him there.

Thanks for all the help so far everybody.

Max Bronsema
max@seaspec.com
Max Bronsemamax@seaspec.com
Hmmm.. Well, you could have the people running the black market extremely advanced when it comes to vehicles and secutirty, etc. So they have submarines that lead them to thier underwater hideout where they keep thier drugs, etc. And the charecter searching for that certain drug can go scuba diving to get into the hideout, but finds himself being attacked by real/ mechanical sharks. Just a bad idea, I like fantasy stuff, so I may not be the best guy in the world. I do have one water idea that I have never used that is REALLY GOOD, but I would need to know your sotry to see if it fits. If you don''t want the game devr''s to see your story, you can email it to me:

bg_darkelf@hotmail.com

If the game seems to fit my idea, I will tell it to you. If not, I plan on using it in one of my future games.

Good Luck.

Once again, maybe you should go for a walk outside of your area, and see how things are working. Study the people, the places, the situations, and look at the area''s design. You''ll find your mind filled with good ideas.

Sometimes, you ust have to watch TV

"I''ve sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do''Urden
By the way, sunandshadow, I started the Forum Game and noone has responded, whats up?(restarted I should say).

max_wg:

Does your charecter have a rival from the past? Is he a thief, or s spy? THese are the things I need to know to find out if your story will benefit from my idea.

how about, somebody drugs him, he wanders around in a delusional haze - right into the water.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Or they drug him and bring him into thier underwater hideout? Hehehe.. I play Metal Gear Solid too much.

Maybe the black market meets on a boat and he has to swim underwater to get to it without being seen?
Orlando ... Florida?

Orlando, Florida is not a coastal city, IIRC. I don''t think there are any large lakes near there either. So that limits you to either local man-made systems (sewers, water supply) or travelling for a bit. Or taking artistic license.

Reasons to go under water: fetch something, gain access to somewhere unavailable by land, fun (swimming/surfing/diving), I''m sure there are others.

HTH

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement