🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Beta Testing

Started by
1 comment, last by Hodgman 12 years, 9 months ago
Hi im just starting college for a game design and development degree but know nothing about any of it, but im very enthusiastic about it and realise that it take a very long time to move up in the chain. What im here to ask you guys today, as a noobie, just starting school for game design, what is the best way to go about getting into volunteer beta testing? I am talking about where they send the game to your house and u play the game as an "audience" type of tester. If you guys could give me any insight as to where to start it would be greatly apreciated.
Advertisement
You get on their radar. One way to do that is to be a valued participant on your favorite games' discussion forums. Another is to attend game development conferences and events, network, and exchange business cards. Another might be to fill out customer registration cards or links, get on mailing lists. There are probably other ways too.

If you want to know more about the game industry and its workings, you could read some of this forum's FAQs (click the link above).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

what is the best way to go about getting into volunteer beta testing? I am talking about where they send the game to your house and u play the game as an "audience" type of tester.
These kinds of beta tests are pretty rare; most companies don't carry out this kind of closed-public betas. Even open-public beta tests are pretty rare. Usually internal or contracted QA testers are hired.
When they do occur, there's usually a form to register yourself as a volunteer. So, fill out the forms wink.gif

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement