🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Anyone interested in cooperating to develop a RPG storyline?

Started by
6 comments, last by dcpsoguy 22 years, 8 months ago
Anyone interested in co-coperating to develop a RPG storyline? I am developing an RPG, and I can''t do it by myself. Including the story, I just can''t do it by myself. So, Is anyone interested in writing the story, or being a scenario designer, or anything related to the story. If so, email me at cmaff05@yahoo.com P.S. There is no pay. I am not getting paid, and you probably won''t. We may sell our RPG, though. Thanks.
Advertisement
I would love to coop but im looking more into a mmorpg type of deal. I have what I believe to be a pretty original storyline but it targets a mmorpg audience. Also I am very new at all this and I am trying to teach myself drawing, programming, and CG on my free time from school and work. I can seriously say that I would not be much help other then some game designing.

You dont have to accept and I am not sure if I will have much time for it since school is taking an increasing portion of my free time but its an offer to consider if no one else is willing to team up.

=)

"As a child, I was read the poetry of silence. Perhaps the greatest verse, for it does not bias the mind."
Me =)

Ok I know this is probably a stupid "?" i should
already know but, what is mmorpg.
By the way I would pitch you one of mine but I dont know
you and I''m a little protective of my storylines. Not that
there realy any good, I just am like that. Not sure I want to
give someone crap and the stories I have that I like I would
like to know that they would get finnished, or if they are
unfinnish that I am the only one to blame.
So why post right. Because I''m like that too. Just like
to post. Pretend I know what I''m doin''. Anyway If you sick
around and you still don''t have a story but got some RPG engine
thing workin I could probably give you something to run with.
What I''m thinking of right now isn''t realy magic and days of
lore or anything. Its more future tech based.
------------------------------------------------------------- neglected projects Lore and The KeepersRandom artwork
Hey goober, just wanted to let you know...MMORPG stands for massively multiplayer online role playing game. It is a fairly recent genre and examples of it would include everquest and asheron''s call. It seems to be the rage these days in the gaming community. At least thats what it seems like to me.

hope that helps =) O by the way, for a sample of my story look at the post entitled backstory..I just wrote it and it should be beneath this one.

alohaz =)
MMORPG''s are also the most expensive to maintain... if they did not cost so much to maintain.. they would take over games completely:

MMORTS(Real Time Strategy)
MMOFPS(First Person Shooter)
etc.. etc.. etc...

They are a more-than-simple() simulation of reality in a world that isn''t real *if that makes any sense*

You can interact with all of the people who are connected to the server(idle) and still act out an actual mission.

I find it to be the most interesting type of game out there, but I would not spend the money on the server/modem... too much.

"I''ve sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do''Urden
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
I''ll help. I can create the story or do some game designing.
E-mail me at charlee140@yahoo.com and tell me the requirements for the story.
Please go here: http://64.34.94.173/RPG/index.php, signup, and then PM Me. My private message name is Director.

Tell me your username, and I will allow you to go into the private forums. Or just post in the Public Discussion forum with the info.
i''ll help as well but at the moment my home computer isn''t online (it should be in a week or two). but the more important thing is which programming language you going to use and other packages you may use r?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement