🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Having trouble editing a post

Started by
3 comments, last by sunandshadow 10 years, 4 months ago
I tried to link to the Wikipedia article "You aren't gonna need it" in the beginner's forum. The quote feature says that post="5136009".

The first time in I saw that the link title was cut off at the single quote in the address of that page, so I tried to fix it up. The fix up still left the link as broken, but now when I try to edit the post, much of the text looks like it's missing or messed up, so I don't want to touch it any more. The text is still visible in the thread and the quote system seems to give different text than the edit system.

I'm sure I made some mistake for however a link with a single quote in it is supposed to work, but I should also be able to see all the text in the editor when I try to fix it.
Advertisement

I've posted in that thread with the correct link. I'm not sure why it didn't work for you, as it was fine for me.

I fixed both of your links in the original topic -- sorry it took so long to get to -- if you want a faster moderator response you can report the post; reporting isn't just for trouble-makers, you can use it if you'd like a moderator to help with one of your own posts too!

- Jason Astle-Adams

you can use it if you'd like a moderator to help with one of your own posts too!

Well.. it does say that this form is to be used ONLY for reporting objectionable content and is not to be used as a method of communicating with moderators for other reasons. wink.png

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

If a post looks scrambled in regular mode, usually hitting the BBC code mode switch in the upper left corner of the posting form will reveal what went wrong behind the scenes.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement