🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Chat broken

Started by
5 comments, last by slicer4ever 9 years, 1 month ago
getting an error when connecting to the chat.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.
Advertisement

I noticed the chat has exceeded its typical average load in the last month or so (15+ people); I think this is sufficient to push us over to the next pricing tier, so that might explain it.

Back in the day, you used to use irc.

What was the factor that stopped you using irc, which can be integrated for free without odd user limits?

The old IRC channel still exists and is used regularly, it's just no longer affiliated in any way with the site.

I imagine the reason IPS's built-in chat is used versus some IRC-based mechanism, even though it sucks from the perspective of a user, is the integration it has with the rest of the site's permission and administrative systems.

If you're open to it, I could give you some details on how to integrate the forum software with a private irc server using sql integration.

I would understand if you're not interested though, as you don't know me from Adam, but it would do away with an inconvenient licensing fee :)

So what do we do? Start kicking eachother if the chat reaches 13-14 users?

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

I noticed the chat has exceeded its typical average load in the last month or so (15+ people); I think this is sufficient to push us over to the next pricing tier, so that might explain it.

well that's certainly not good, it seems the chat regulars is getting a bit larger these days, but 15 is extremely small for an established site like gamedev.
Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement