🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Leave This Group button?

Started by
2 comments, last by MarkS_ 8 years, 10 months ago

What is this? What group? I've come perilously close to pressing this on my phone and it is on every forum. What would happen if I did?

Advertisement
If your settings are set to send emails when comments or topics are added, then adding yourself to the group, meaning that area of the site, will result in notifications.

The forums you select will also be added to the "Content you follow" page on the site. It makes it convenient to see when new replies are added, since those areas are lit up when
there is unread material.

I seem to remember there is a setting you can change to auto-subscribe to forums and to watch individual topics when you reply. I think the default is to subscribe to the forum but not subscribe to the topic. So if you reply to something in For Beginners you'll be automatically added to that group. If you reply to another in Business and Law or Mobile and Console you'll be auto-subscribed as well.

There are no consequences for joining or leaving, other than the count will change and your notifications will increase or decrease.
For follow-up: forums you follow is a display unique to your account. It works as a great bookmark if you just want to see new content on parts of the site.

I'm not finding the notification settings checkboxes in a quick hunt, but i think they're the account settings / UserCP pages somewhere.
Thanks. I figured it wasn't dangerous to press, but it is oddly worded.

April 1st, it should be changed to "Delete Your Account". Let the hilarity ensue...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement