🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

A bug I have observed.

Started by
3 comments, last by jbadams 8 years, 9 months ago

The Load More Topics link in (possibly) any subforum loads topic links of the first actual page , repeating up this behaviour. FF win7, being logged.

Advertisement
Hrm, you're right, that doesn't work at all. Thanks for the report.

For now I'd advise using the pagination links instead.

- Jason Astle-Adams

For what it's worth I reported this bug over two and a half years ago. Yes, it feels like I am often saying the same thing in this subforum, although I guess reporting the same bug over time is not necessarily bad as it can be an indication of how to prioritize it, for example.

“If I understand the standard right it is legal and safe to do this but the resulting value could be anything.”

I noticed this but didn't report it, as IMHO the "load more" feature is a bit daft for most people anyway. You're just requesting a longer and longer page which will batter memory use on mobile. Pagination is more intuitive and the expected behaviour of forum software and I think more people will use pagination if the load more ajax call was to just... Dissapear. :)

Yeah, it looks like Invision aren't in any hurry to fix this, I might see if I can find it in the templates and simply remove the option for the time being.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement