🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Mobile site bug: Quote doesn't, well, quote.

Started by
3 comments, last by MarkS_ 8 years, 7 months ago
When I choose any of the quote buttons in the mobile site, the focus is immediately changed to the reply entry field. However, the quoted text doesn't show in the field like on the desktop site.

Can this be fixed?
Advertisement
I believe it is one of the editor quirks.

The scripting code from IPS has several issues. Chrome reports several uncaught issues, for one. For another, most mobile browsers I've worked with use a browser-based hilighting cursor rather than the DOM-based document.selection the script is expecting.

When replying on my tablet, I'll just just copy/paste the text in place and put in my own [?quote?] and [?/quote?] tags around it.

I believe it is one of the editor quirks.

The scripting code from IPS has several issues. Chrome reports several uncaught issues, for one. For another, most mobile browsers I've worked with use a browser-based hilighting cursor rather than the DOM-based document.selection the script is expecting.

When replying on my tablet, I'll just just copy/paste the text in place and put in my own [?quote?] and [?/quote?] tags around it.

I was afraid of that! The little screen on my Windows Phone and Microsoft's idiot implementation of a browser do not allow for selecting text very well.

The latest Google Chrome on android works fine for me with quote and selective quote. I always had problems with the app called "Internet" that seems to be a cut down webkit based browser...

Internet Explorer on my phone, as well as UC Browser, are poorly implemented. If I press the backspace button in a field, the text is hidden (not removed!) temporarily and the browser inserts the ASCII backspace character into the text!blink.png If I click on a link, the browser first and foremost assumes that I want to select the text. huh.png I open a tab with the index page of this site. While browsing the forums, randomly and for no obvious reason, the tab will default to whatever page I am on, so that pressing the back button exits the browser instead of going back to the index. I have to delete the tab and reload the index page to get access to the forums.

Yeah, I'm getting an Android phone as soon as I can afford it!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement