🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

The administrator has limited the number of new posts you can submit within a short time frame. Please wait 18 seconds before replying or posting a ne

Started by
2 comments, last by jbadams 8 years, 7 months ago
The administrator has limited the number of new posts you can submit within a short time frame. Please wait 18 seconds before replying or posting a new topic.

This is kind of annoying.

I pretty much do everything here in one swift batch with multiple tabs and then I might not be back for hours.

This site is one of the places I go during my quick breaks between productivity outbursts.

Advertisement

I mean, If you are really posting multiple times within 18 seconds... I'd rather you put a little more thought into those posts :)

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

If you want to create lots of short and fast statements, use the chat feature. Quick back-and-forth statements are not what the discussion boards are about.

Discussion boards are more for thought-out, well reasoned discussion. Take some time, compose your thoughts, and put together a nice post.

Flood control is set to prevent most members from submitting more than one post per sixty seconds (one minute). In line with frob and swiftcoder's replies above, we would hope that people would be spending at least one minute composing a post so that they're making a meaningful contribution to the conversation.

Honestly we'd love to turn this off so that members aren't impacted on the rare occasions that they do compose a meaningful post faster than that, but it's an important limitation in cases of automated spam, to limit the amount of damage done before a moderator can take action.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement