🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

New "mark forum as read" quote icon is confusing?

Started by
-1 comments, last by Alberth 8 years, 6 months ago

Hello,

I find the new "mark forum read" icon at the left of the sub-forum name very confusing. The quotes don't express "mark read" to me at all. I pressed one by accident (see below) and lost the information what was new in its sub-forum.

Now:

At thread level, you press the icon at the left (the circle or star, depending on whether you participated) to jump to the new items, and you press the thread title to jump to the start of the thread.

At main forum level, you press the quote icon at the left to loose all read/new information, and press the title to see the new items.

Please can someone explain the logic of that? I am lost here, unless it is a test how awake you are while reading the forum.

Speaking of "mark forum as read", would it be possible to jump back one level higher to the list of sub-forums if you press that? Clearly (to me), if you press "I am not interested in any other thread here", there is no point in sticking around in that forum, like what happens now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement