🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Upvotes reduced?

Started by
5 comments, last by Stormynature 8 years, 5 months ago
Getting upvoted used to give +3, now it only gives me +1. Seems to still be giving +3 to others though. Is that a new change, or just to let people catch up to me? :lol:
Advertisement

It has actually always been based on the built-in random generator of the forum software unsure.png

o3o

Tragically, the reputation is stored as an unsigned 16 bit value. We're hitting the brakes before you overflow it completely.

Also, frob paid someone off.

SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Level up and start over :D.

Level up and start over .

New game plus :lol:

"64k of rep ought to be enough for anybody."

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

I wonder if you finally hit that mark where the difference in your reputation to that of others has led to the following finally having an effect

excerpt from Reputation System Point breakdown Article

Your post is upvoted/downvoted *
Additional scholar points are added/removed based off of the reputation of the user doing the rating - the higher their rating, the more they contribute 1/-1 inf inf

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement