🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Gamedev server issues?

Started by
4 comments, last by Michael Tanczos 8 years, 6 months ago

I was wondering if you had known server issues or if it's just bad luck? 1/3 of the time when i go to gamedev it works fine, 1/3 of the time it has crazy load times and / or timeout errors and 1/3 of the time it works but there are page errors (code displayed at the top before the page render that should obviously not be displayed)

Are the servers just overloaded and if so wouldn't it be a good idea to switch providers given how cheap good dedicated hosting is nowadays?

Advertisement

Obviously you have bad luck.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

Only thing I've noticed is sometimes chat kicks everyone out.

What will you make?

I'm only using the forum, not the chat, but this happens pretty frequently.

I'm only using the forum, not the chat, but this happens pretty frequently.

Meh. They might still be using the guys that designed the forum for hosting. Doubt it though. It's probably more effective to host it with another company.

What will you make?

I'm thinking it may actually be disk IO related. I removed about 80 GB of files from the server that were old and crusty and never accessed..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement