🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Bump rule gone ? Also: placement of forum rules bad.

Started by
0 comments, last by jpetrie 8 years, 5 months ago
I thought there was a rule to not bump your own thread before 24 h have passed, but I cannot see it neither in the Beginner's FAQ nor in the Posting Guidelines. Does the rule still exist ?

Also: The posting guidelines is IMO really badly placed (Articles->help->... can't even seem to navigate via menu, maybe it's just me but I have really a hard time locating them). A bit silly if (new) members get punsihed for violating if the rules are not advertised clearly. E.g. I'd put them at the top of every subforum (red, blinking, big font, honking tongue.png).
Advertisement

As far as I recall that rule was specifically for the Help Wanted forum (which is gone now), although it probably should apply to the Your Announcements forum now.

It shouldn't ever have been in the FAQ for the For Beginners forum; I don't see a reason for it as we don't have a problem with thread-bumping there at the moment (and haven't really ever). Likewise I suspect that's why it's not in the overall global posting guidelines either.

Is there a particular thread you think is egregiously getting bumped? If so, flag one of the bump posts for moderator attention and mention that and we'll take a look.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement