🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Development schedule task estimates

Started by
0 comments, last by Tom Sloper 8 years, 3 months ago

Hey guys,

I currently study Design & Production of games at NHTV Breda, the Netherlands. Our project this block consists of doing the concepting and part of the pre-production phase for a (fictional) request-for-proposal. Basically, we create a game concept based on given constraints, and develop the concept, make a project plan and develop a prototype to answer core gameplay questions.

I'm currently working on the development schedule, which consists of a feature breakdown, task order and estimates, and a schedule in the form of a Gantt chart. However, I don't have the experience to know how long each of the tasks will take. I was hoping some of you guys could help me with rough estimates of how long (in mandays) some of these tasks would take.

I have attached printscreens of an Excel file (couldn't upload the Excel file) that contains my feature breakdown and task ordering and estimates. If you can help me out with any information at all, it'd be greatly appreciated.

To clarify, I'm conceptualizing a 1vs1 2D fighting game with a budget of 1 million euro's. Please take a look at the feature breakdown to get an idea of what this game's scope is. I hope that'll be enough information to do the estimates.

Thank you in advance!

Advertisement

As noted in other topics here, we don't help with homework here.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement