🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Why are all the editor options gone?

Started by
6 comments, last by phil_t 7 years, 12 months ago

The editor has no more buttons for inserting code, etc... it's just a blank textbox with a reply button. Surprised I haven't seen a post about this.

Is there any way to get it back? Failing that, is there a reference somewhere on what tags/markup are allowed? (Also, half my post was deleted while replying to another thread too).

With this, and the ad problems causing hangs, the removal of "selected quote", GDNet is becoming a real pain to use... :-(

Advertisement

I still see them (Safari), but only when I click into the reply box to post or click the "additional reply options" button.

You're not using any add-ins or plugins that might impact the JS or CSS or whatever other magical web pixie dust the site uses, right?

I still see them (Safari), but only when I click into the reply box to post or click the "additional reply options" button.

Same here, using Chrome.

Hello to all my stalkers.

Hmm, no they're missing even if I click "more reply options". I don't recall installing any plugins recently, and it's happening on both my computers (Win7) in either Chrome or IE.

I wonder if it's somehow been disabled in my gdnet account settings, but I don't see any options for that.

Have you refreshed your cache?

Do you have any extensions installed? (try temporarily disabling them, refresh cache, and see if it's better)

When did the buttons disappear for you?

This could be because the icons require a browser with greater than 1125 px. Reduce your window to a narrower value and they auto-hide.

This is a known issue from ip.board as people who zoom their browser screen for visual needs cannot see the full editor. It is also an issue if you have a small screen, or if you prefer narrower windows.

For me, the buttons appear when I click in the box (ie activate the cursor in it)

This could be because the icons require a browser with greater than 1125 px. Reduce your window to a narrower value and they auto-hide.

Indeed, that was the issue! Glad to finally figure this out.

Also, really glad the selective quote functionality is back (despite it being a popup option, which is a bit obnoxious when I'm trying to copy text to the clipboard - but I understand if it was easier to re-implement it that way).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement