🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Same Page Title On Every Page?

Started by
6 comments, last by khawk 7 years, 10 months ago
Hi all

I've noticed that all of a sudden every page on gdnet has the same title: "GameDev.net - Your Game Development Resource".

Apart from massively hurting your Google rank, making it hard to Google for information on this site, it makes identifying tabs in my browser a nightmare.

Any eta on a fix?

Thanks! :)
Advertisement

http://www.gamedev.net/topic/679339-web-page-browser-title/

Hello to all my stalkers.

Managed to get the appropriate title but still haven't managed to get the topic/page information in it yet. Unfortunately not as straightforward as it should be.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Got something "better", but still doesn't catch the topic. Have to look at it more later.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Ah I was just going to mention this.

For example, the entire tab title for this thread is: "GameDev.net - Your Game Development Resource - Home - Forums - Community Interaction - GDNet Comments, Suggestions and Ideas"

It would be nice if it were just "Same page title on every page - GameDev.net" or something like that. So I can make it out from the bunch of gdnet tabs I have open.

"New Content" section has a nice title for example, "New Content - GameDev.net - Home". I can see the "New Content" in the tabs thus pick it fast from the rest.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

It would be nice if it were just "Same page title on every page - GameDev.net" or something like that. So I can make it out from the bunch of gdnet tabs I have open.

Personally I prefer the older style of showing the details first. That would be the forum name if listing the forum, or the topic name if viewing a topic. Then I can scan across the tabs and see "For Beginners", "Comments Suggestions and Ideas", or "Same Title On Every Page?" as the tab label. I can see they're all the same site because they have the blue icon on the tab.

Both with your description and with it as it is today, I get this less useful list:

[attachment=32690:Capture.PNG]

Eh, with what I described you'd see "Thread title - Gamedev.net", not "Gamedev.net - Thread title". Or more specifically "Thread title - Gamede..." with the shortening.

"I AM ZE EMPRAH OPENGL 3.3 THE CORE, I DEMAND FROM THEE ZE SHADERZ AND MATRIXEZ"

My journals: dustArtemis ECS framework and Making a Terrain Generator

The page title has been modified. While still not ideal, hopefully it is better.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement