🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Did Something Wierd Just Happen?

Started by
5 comments, last by Kylotan 7 years, 11 months ago

This morning Gamedev.net was being redirected to findingresult.com.

Anyone else notice?

Advertisement

This morning Gamedev.net was being redirected to findingresult.com.

Anyone else notice?

Yep. I guess they didn't pay for their domain :)

Yep. I guess they didn't pay for their domain

No, the domain name does not expire until 2026.

It sounds like it was a DNS recordkeeping issue with the registrar (which has now been addressed).

Josh got it. The domain was recently transferred to a different account, which required re-verification from the new account. That verification expired (thanks for middle of the night one-hour notice!), and our registrar changed the DNS records to what you were seeing. Luckily my phone was blowing up with notifications and woke me up a few minutes before I had to wake for an early flight this morning (west coast US), or I probably wouldn't have known for a few more hours. In any case, resolved the issue, reset our DNS, and hopefully everyone has or will soon have normal service.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Saw this too. In fact, its still happening on my mobile phone -- thought it was an issue maybe with my phones mobile-site preference, but changing it to desktop site didn't fix it. Guess the DNS fallout is taking longer to propagate to my mobile network.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

Saw it too. Was worried the site would close down because it's no longer profitable or something. Sites come and go like that.
Took me until about an hour ago to get on. Apparently DNS propagation can still take up to a day in 2016.

Apparently DNS propagation can still take up to a day in 2016.

Indeed, been 22 hours on-and-off for me. Funnily, after a roughly hourly works-doesnt-works hiccup cycle during the afternoon, site was back and worked perfectly well yesterday late in the evening.

And then... no longer the next morning, until 5 mins ago.

DNS is crazy shit.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement