🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

can't see past edits to a post any more?

Started by
8 comments, last by khawk 7 years, 6 months ago

As the title says, can't see past edits to a post any more.

In this thread, someone has edited their original post to completely remove the entire question they asked, so my thought out response no longer makes any sense.

The problem is there used to be a way to click and view the previous edits, now i might be going blind in my old age, but i can't find that link any more? So how will we know what was originally asked?

Thanks! :)

Advertisement

Can't we? I can just click the History (X) button and see the past versions, and we are both in GDNet+, so should be possible for you, too?

EDIT: Well the button is on the bottom right of a post, right amongst Report, Blog This and MultiQuote. You should be able to see it on my post :D

[attachment=34345:ugh.png]

Nope, no such animal here :(

Edit: We are different levels of gdnet+ with different coloured icons, i'm orange and you're blue. Perhaps the permissions between the groups don't match, and my group is lacking the 'view post history' permission?

You're site looks completely different to mine, too:

[attachment=34346:Theme.png]

Do you have the old theme activated? Maybe thats somehow hiding the button? As for the GDNet+, for me we are both grey in my theme. Aside from that I used to be orange, because I still paid for GDNet+, even after I became crossbones. But yeah, might have something to do with that.

Can you still do everything else, like viewing votes, etc...? Maybe an admin should check your permissions out.

I have no problems viewing history. Im on mobile right now and the button is next to the multiquote tool.

Yeah i can still do everything else, as well as apparently also delete my own posts now.

I havent set any specific theme, i'm on one that keeps receiving regular updates and changes, e.g. parts of it keep changing from blue to green as people improve the CSS etc...

You're site looks completely different to mine, too:

There are three themes. Scroll to the bottom of the page, left corner right above the footer. It should say "Change Theme". Clicking should give three options, IP.Board default, GDNet 3.4.1, and GDNet 6.0.

Each has a somewhat different style.

When I check them, I can see the history on posts even when logged out. (Log out, set the theme, notice the grayed out text saying "History(1)"

Yeah i can still do everything else, as well as apparently also delete my own posts now.

I think Brain has it correct, if you can see it when logged out but still can't see it logged in, then it might be a bigger configuration issue for a green staff person to look at.

My fault. The permissions weren't setup correctly. Only GDNet+ members should be able to see post history (all tiers). Confirmed this is correct now.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Might be a good one to enable for mods too Kevin! ;)

- Jason Astle-Adams

Mods are all set too. :)

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement