🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Latest Forum Topics

Started by
4 comments, last by djsteffey 7 years, 4 months ago

It appears the main page layout has changed. Not really a fan of it but hey things change I understand.

However, now the latest topics on the front page only shows 5 items. I am used to the 20 or so that was on there before. With only 5, it will be unlikely one of them will catch my attention. I could go into each individual forum and look at all the first 5-6 topics but there are a lot of different forums. Maybe not an issue if I only cared about 1 or 2 things but my interests vary widely.

Any way we can get a longer listing of top/latest posts on the front page?

Advertisement
Top right of the page is a link for "Latest Content". I think this will give you what you're looking for.

Admin for GameDev.net.

For mobile the "Latest Content" link only seems to appear when viewing blogs btw, would love a link on forum pages as well. Maybe link "latest forum topics" on the main page to latest content as well?

Top right of the page is a link for "Latest Content". I think this will give you what you're looking for.

Considering how small that button is and that I didn't even know about it till I read this topic, wouldn't it make sense to have a large button under "Latest forum topics" with the header "Latest content"?

A small arrow that reveals more forum topics could be used instead.

Or maybe you should design a tutorial for how to use the new layout, for those of us who have grown accustom to the convenience of the old layout. :)

Its not new. It had just changed sides. On mobile at least. I was pissed first day roll out but mobile usage is much better than it used to be. Keep up the good work.

Thanks. That listing is what I was looking for.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement