🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Week of Awesome V - Administration Thread

Started by
124 comments, last by Elijah Leon 6 years, 10 months ago

Found out yesterday that this was going on.  I enjoyed participating in WoA 3, so I think I'll see what I can come up with this time around.  Time is a bit limited by work, but I'll try to design around it.  Hopefully this time I can get around to including audio...

Quick question.  I see the Submit form on the site has a box for a description.  Do the judges read this for info on controls and such, or is that expected to be detailed in-game?

For example, if there is no in-game tutorial or explanation of mechanics, but everything is described sufficiently in the description box, would that still result in a poor FTUE score?

[twitter]Casey_Hardman[/twitter]

Advertisement
25 minutes ago, CaseyHardman said:

Found out yesterday that this was going on.  I enjoyed participating in WoA 3, so I think I'll see what I can come up with this time around.  Time is a bit limited by work, but I'll try to design around it.  Hopefully this time I can get around to including audio...

Quick question.  I see the Submit form on the site has a box for a description.  Do the judges read this for info on controls and such, or is that expected to be detailed in-game?

For example, if there is no in-game tutorial or explanation of mechanics, but everything is described sufficiently in the description box, would that still result in a poor FTUE score?

No, don't rely on the description box for your controls explanation.   Include it in the game if you don't feel they are obvious enough.

Check out https://www.facebook.com/LiquidGames for some great games made by me on the Playstation Mobile market.

Ok this is kinda a blog update but I'll add more stuff like pictures and videos later on this evening.

So my untitled game will combine the alien invasion and castles theme and will feature slime monsters from mars that crash land on Earth and try to take over a medieval land. You as the hero must stop them before they reach the king and overthrow him, and the rest of the world. That's what I have so far. Took me just about all day yesterday to come up with it. Looking to make a hack n slash type game similar to um... Light Crusader or Fatal Laybrinth on Sega Genesis, but with less RPG elements. I'll be using the Unity Game Engine. I've started playing with some assets from the unity asset store trying to get them to play nice together, more updates later tonight! 

1 hour ago, Elijah Leon said:

Ok this is kinda a blog update but I'll add more stuff like pictures and videos later on this evening.

So my untitled game will combine the alien invasion and castles theme and will feature slime monsters from mars that crash land on Earth and try to take over a medieval land. You as the hero must stop them before they reach the king and overthrow him, and the rest of the world. That's what I have so far. Took me just about all day yesterday to come up with it. Looking to make a hack n slash type game similar to um... Light Crusader or Fatal Laybrinth on Sega Genesis, but with less RPG elements. I'll be using the Unity Game Engine. I've started playing with some assets from the unity asset store trying to get them to play nice together, more updates later tonight! 

Just a heads-up, There is a thread here for this, Its the competition thread.

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Thanks ryan20fun for the heads up!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement