🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Vehicle falls apart when adding in the compound way

Started by
1 comment, last by lucky6969b 6 years, 8 months ago

I just keep stacking onto the compound shape, where the chassis is a box and the wheels are cylinders.... When getting rendered, they just fall apart, especially the chassis slips over and fall onto the ground...I haven't added constraints yet and I am just rendering the compound, not the vehicle type...
I have a hard time understanding the forklift example though...

And if I forget about the individual shapes and add as a compound shape in the end, I don't know how to apply constraints to the vehicle because they have no rigid bodies to create at all.
You have to add the final compound shape and create a rigid body from there, if needing to add constraints, you need to have some references to the rigid bodies created from individual parts of the vehicle.

thanks
Jack

Advertisement

Okay, I overcame it by excluding it from the update pipeline (the vector of collision objects), and just add to the processing pipeline (the dynamics world)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement