Advertisement

Creating a physics wrapper tutorial ?

Started by October 26, 2017 06:23 PM
2 comments, last by sprotz 6 years, 10 months ago

Can any expert here give me a tutorial on how to create a physics wrapper / DLL for a specific game engine ? Preferably with an easy physics engine for the Blitz3d game engine. I know how to create the declarations (.decls) file for all functions in a dll, but how to create the dll from source, because for example the source for the Newton engine, or the ODE engine contains so many .cpp and .h files that I get confused as to where the physics functions are. And no documentation on how to create a dll.

I've found some wrappers for blitz3d but I'm still interested in a tutorial.

So the question is about how to create a DLL?  Like this, typically. Or, if you're using different tools, however those work.

As for getting confused about which functions are the interface and which functions are internal, that's a matter of documentation and learning to work with large code bases.  Often it is a mix of documentation, naming conventions by the library creators, certain header files that consumers of the library are supposed to use, and access specifiers showing you what public functions are available.

Also, moving to For Beginners.

Advertisement

Thanks

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement