🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

how do i erase my post?

Started by
3 comments, last by grumpyOldDude 6 years, 8 months ago

some time ago i made a post in the hobby projects page  and now i want to know how to erase it

it seems nobody its interested in the idea i think maybe its because of the difficult so maybe i should make a simpler easier project?

Advertisement

You don't. Posts are generally not deleted here.

You can always contact a moderator about it using the "Report post" button (located to the left of the "Share" icon).

Hello to all my stalkers.

As a general policy posts are left up for everyone to learn from, as described in the site's guidelines, terms of service, and other documents linked to at the bottom of every page.

Old posts roll off the front page soon enough.  Comments made in error, or where mistakes were made, or where something embarrassing was said, they'll fall off the radar quickly enough.  Everyone makes social gaffes occasionally, particularly those who participate frequently. Don't worry about those.

For an old project or something where new information is available, just leave the old stuff alone.  For posts where you found out something new, leave it up so others can learn. If you post code and discover your own bug fix, post your solution so someone searching for the same error message can find your answer.

If there were bigger issues, like if someone accidentally violated an NDA or something, hit the report button and explain your case.  In those cases be polite and explain the error.  Don't make legal threats, as those tend to be met by preserving the data rather than deleting it, as angry people using Wikipedia discover every day.

Or you could edit your original post (not vandalise or wipe off) to your current state

On 27/10/2017 at 5:33 PM, frob said:

Old posts roll off the front page soon enough.  Comments made in error, or where mistakes were made, or where something embarrassing was said, they'll fall off the radar quickly enough. 

There is a lot of necro'ing though.

But in the OP's case on the Hobby project page, I don't think necro'ing goes on there, so I think its fine

can't help being grumpy...

Just need to let some steam out, so my head doesn't explode...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement