Advertisement

How to make a console racing game?

Started by November 16, 2017 12:25 AM
1 comment, last by frob 6 years, 10 months ago

Hello, dear friends!!!

I want to make a сonsole racing game. It would seem that a racing video game on consoles is a good option for development. But I need people who know about the development of racing games on consoles.

And I have a few questions for you, dear developers:
A more good programming language for creating racing games on consoles?

Is there any 3D editor to create a racing game on consoles?

Can I use the laser scanning function for racing tracks?

Do you have video tutorials to create a racing game on consoles?

How many people i want to help me with developing a console game?

Sorry for my English. Thanks in advance.

Just Do It with DiZetych!!!

17 hours ago, LeSuperDZ1996 said:

good programming language

Whatever language you know.  I've seen racing games written in many different languages.

If you decide to use a major existing engine, know that Unreal uses C++ and Unity uses C#.  If you go back a hardware generation where Microsoft had much better support for hobby X360 development, XNA used C#.  For other engines, you'll need to research that yourself. 

any 3D editor to create a racing game on consoles?

Both Unreal and Unity have game console support.  You need to be a licensed developer for the platform before Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo will let you access their add-ons for the platforms.

Can I use the laser scanning function for racing tracks?

If you have lots of money for equipment and business contacts at the race courses, sure.

Do you have video tutorials to create a racing game on consoles?

Nothing so specific.  There are tool kits out there where people have some code libraries about race management or driving through checkpoints, but you're expected to know most of the details yourself.

How many people i want to help me with developing a console game?

Unless it comes with wages, probably none.  Most people would rather work on their own ideas instead of other people's ideas.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement