🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Another Game Concept Critique

Started by
4 comments, last by IveGotDryEye 6 years, 7 months ago

A while ago I posted a game concept and asked if the document was well-written and if the game seemed fun. I got some helpful responses. Now, I'm asking the same thing for another game. I'd also like to ask if it seems like a feasible game to create with a group of hobbyists. If people seem to like it, I may post it in Hobby Project Classifieds.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ObDMAUWsndSAJ1EpQGRDxtR8Xl9xPotx89OZ0sgRaIw/edit?usp=sharing

Obviously, I'm no expert or I wouldn't be making this thread, but I think the combat seems simple enough, but the world and movement may present a problem.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Advertisement

I like it, very Final Fantasy-ish gameplay and the refilling time units sound like it could lead to fun and frantic gameplay.

15 hours ago, kingius said:

I like it, very Final Fantasy-ish gameplay and the refilling time units sound like it could lead to fun and frantic gameplay.

I agree. Definitely getting that Final Fantasy vibe.

I like the concept of the combat.

It looks like you've fleshed this out quite well. Simple yet potentially lots of fun. Only thing I would recommend changing is the 3x movement speed with sprinting. Either the base speed is too low or the sprint speed is too high. There shouldn't be that large a gap otherwise there's no reason not to sprint besides to take in the scenery, and if there's a cooldown on sprint it will make normal movement speed feel like a hassle. Obviously that's just my opinion, you know how it's going to play out better than I do.

no

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement