🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

gdnet chat

Started by
2 comments, last by Luckless 6 years, 7 months ago

DO only i have problem with connecting to the chat it says: instant invite is invalid or has expired, same for link to the chat it directs me to some useless website where theres nothing: 

You don't have access to any text channels, or there are none in this server...

Advertisement

Seems to be working okay here. Anyone else having problems?

Admin for GameDev.net.

Interesting, but Discord itself may have glitched out. I added the gamedev.net channel through the site, but after it redirected me to my desktop client on my windows box, it is now showing just a dark charcoal window with the Discord branding, but not actually loading the rest of the client's interface. (And didn't impact my session logged in on my macbook. That one is still working, but it didn't add a new channel or anything.)

Closing and restarting the app on both systems doesn't change anything. Windows install is still broke, and mac install didn't see a new channel. However I did seem to be able to load into the gamedev.net chat through the web interface, but Discord did not seem to want to acknowledge the existence of my account there and treated me as a totally new user.

So Chrome and OSX appear to have worked as expected, while Chrome and Windows had 'some issues'.

Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement