🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

How to update an article/blog post

Started by
3 comments, last by jbadams 6 years, 6 months ago

I know this must be a very dumb question, but I can't find any way to update my article/blog post. I spent almost half an hour inspecting the article page and searching for words "edit", "update" etc. with no luck. Google did not help either, so I am not sure that this is even possible. Thanks!

Update: I do see there is edit link under this blog post, but not under my other posts. So why can't I edit my posts?

Advertisement

There is currently a time limit for editing content across the site - members are given up to a week before editing is locked. Currently evaluating how to loosen this restriction.

Is there something specific you want to modify?

Admin for GameDev.net.

Hm, this limitation looks somewhat unusual. I see why it makes sense to limit time to edit comments (stack overflow gives just 10 minutes to edit a comment after it has been posted). At the same time it looks reasonable to allow authors update their content as they get feedback, have something new to add, or just want to fix a typo. 

Anyway, I was planning to keep updating my blog posts as my projects go. What is the right way to do this given I can't edit them?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, DiligentDev said:

Anyway, I was planning to keep updating my blog posts as my projects go.

Most people just make new posts as they make progress.

//EDIT: Are we talking about forum posts, articles, or blogs here? You don't seem to have any blog posts yet?

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement