Advertisement

New~

Started by February 09, 2018 11:35 AM
4 comments, last by Sea of Miracles 6 years, 7 months ago

Hi,

I'm new to this site, forum, coding, game making... and basically just new to everything.  Sometime last year I got an idea stuck in my head about wanting to make a video game and the idea persists despite me not knowing a thing about making a video game.  And so I persist.  Last month I signed up for some various Udemy courses to learn Unity and some other things and it is my hope and my goal to eventually make something I can be really happy with and proud of.  But for now, baby steps.

Greetings and welcome to the community.

17 minutes ago, Sea of Miracles said:

But for now, baby steps.

Good Idea. Gamedev.net has challenges that are a good place to start.

There is no penalty for loosing a challenge and you can ask for feedback on what you made.

Don't be afraid to ask things or to reply to topics.

Advertisement

Welcome! :)

- Jason Astle-Adams

Hey Sea,

I have two source where baby steps may be taken one is the stock Unity tutorials.  They are really good.  The other is Brackey's he does a good job of producing quality content Brakey's.  

The Quarry Works Creed

We who shape mere stone must always envision cathedrals

Thank you so much for the replies~

18 hours ago, Scouting Ninja said:

Greetings and welcome to the community.

Good Idea. Gamedev.net has challenges that are a good place to start.

There is no penalty for loosing a challenge and you can ask for feedback on what you made.

Don't be afraid to ask things or to reply to topics.

I will try to keep it in mind to post when I have questions once I get going on my learning and now that I've replaced my old laptop, I can get get started on everything~

18 hours ago, jbadams said:

Welcome! :)

Thank you for your kind welcome, it really made me feel a bit less anxious about posting somewhere after such a long time~

2 hours ago, Lucas_Cage said:

Hey Sea,

I have two source where baby steps may be taken one is the stock Unity tutorials.  They are really good.  The other is Brackey's he does a good job of producing quality content Brakey's.  

Oh gosh, this looks like it will really be helpful, the Brackey's link that is.  Thanks for that.

It's nice to meet you all~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement