🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Still ads but gdnet+

Started by
20 comments, last by khawk 6 years, 2 months ago
On 3/3/2018 at 5:47 PM, khawk said:

I've tried changing some settings on the ad serving to try to close any loopholes. It can take a couple hours before setting changes go live.

Waited until now to see if the change had taken place. The ads still appear infrequently, same location.

Hello to all my stalkers.

Advertisement
On 3/5/2018 at 12:38 PM, Lactose said:

The ads still appear infrequently, same location.

I came across some rogue code that may be the source. I haven't removed it since I want to confirm it's the issue - so next time you see it can you PM, email, or use the contact form to send me the page source?

Admin for GameDev.net.

Tried using the contact form, but it failed:

This page isn't working.

www.gamedev.net is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500.

Sent as PM instead.

EDIT: "Compose New" modal thing is still spinning. Might have to abandon this and send as email after work.

Email has been sent.

Any luck fixing this yet? Google thinks I need stennah stair lifts and is putting a "popup div" on the bottom of each page with an ad in it.

I almost exclusively use mobile to access gdnet so this is becoming a pain in the bum :(

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Brain said:

Any luck fixing this yet?

I just removed some rogue/legacy ad code that may be causing mobile adsense to popup for GDNet+ (the one at the bottom). Testing seems to confirm that was the culprit.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Still having ads on PC. Frequency seems to have increased drastically the last week or so.

Any update? I've been experiencing this for over a year now.

17 minutes ago, Lactose said:

Any update? I've been experiencing this for over a year now.

Totally my fault. I misread your last post.

Some settings were incorrect for GDNet+ Standard. Just updated them. It'll take a little bit to know if that addresses the problem as it takes time to propagate, but getting worse after the last round of changes would make sense with the incorrect settings.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Just to follow up, it seems ads are no longer displaying.

Knock on wood

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement