🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Two developers for a project

Started by
7 comments, last by bdubreuil 6 years, 2 months ago

I recently created a project on the website for our game that @miimii1205 and I are creating. I linked my blog to it, created my developer profile also added my friend's developer profile. However, he cannot access the project and I cannot link his blog.

Is there a way to fix this or those concepts are not features?

Thanks for your help

Hide yo cheese! Hide yo wife!

Advertisement

Unfortunately, this needs to be fixed if it's not working. I'll take a look at it soon (few other items to address first).

Admin for GameDev.net.

On 4/26/2018 at 1:29 PM, thecheeselover said:

I recently created a project on the website for our game that @miimii1205 and I are creating. I linked my blog to it, created my developer profile also added my friend's developer profile. However, he cannot access the project and I cannot link his blog.

Is there a way to fix this or those concepts are not features?

Thanks for your help

I just pushed a new version of the projects functionality that should fix this. Of course, let me know if you run into any issues.

You can add team members to the Developer account, AND you can add team members on a per-project basis. So you can add another member who collaborated with on a project but isn't necessarily a part of the core Developer-level team. Lots of flexibility here.

What you should now see:

• A new Team tab when editing a Project, where you can add collaborators
  • If you add collaborators at the Project level then they'll show up in a Developer Team box when you view the project. This might need a little more work - we'll see.
  • When adding a blog post, members should see any projects they're associated with in the Project dropdown of the new blog entry form. This will include any projects under a Developer account they're a team member in as well as any Projects they've been added to independent of the Developer team.
  • Team members on a Project can edit that Project.
  • Team members in a Developer can edit any project under that Developer.
  • Your member profile Projects tab will show any published Projects that you are associated with as a team member, whether through the Project's team or through the Developer team.

I'm kind of excited for this, so I'm kind of glad you brought up that it wasn't working because instead of just fixing the problem I decided to expand on it a bit. Now members can not only showcase their projects, but show their collaboration with other GameDev.net members. It's a great way to build a developer profile/resume of games you've worked on.

Admin for GameDev.net.

Woah thanks! :)

We'll test that on Monday.

Edit : Actually, I have a question : is the difference between a team member from a project's Team tab and one from the developer tab the fact that the first one is a collaborator and the latter a core team member?

If yes, then Monday we will test out if my friend and core member of the team @miimii1205 can edit the project and add and edit blog entries so that they appear on the project.

9 hours ago, thecheeselover said:

Edit : Actually, I have a question : is the difference between a team member from a project's Team tab and one from the developer tab the fact that the first one is a collaborator and the latter a core team member?

Yes, that's the general idea.

The Developer team would be like your group, company, or development team working on multiple projects. They'll have access to edit or post a blog for every project listed under that Developer.

The Project team is useful if you are collaborating with someone on a project but don't want to give access to all projects. They'll be able to edit and post a blog for the project only.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I confirm that it still doesn't work. @miimii1205, which is in my [core] developer team, cannot access our project or post blog entries for it. 

21 minutes ago, thecheeselover said:

I confirm that it still doesn't work. @miimii1205, which is in my [core] developer team, cannot access our project or post blog entries for it. 

I think you needed to re-add @miimii1205 to the Developer team. I took care of that so you should be all set.

Admin for GameDev.net.

2 hours ago, khawk said:

I think you needed to re-add @miimii1205 to the Developer team. I took care of that so you should be all set.

It works now! Thank you very much :)

Edit : Actually, it still doesn't work. My friend was able to link its blog entry to the project but it doesn't appear in the project itself as an update.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement