🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

What happened?

Started by
3 comments, last by khawk 6 years, 1 month ago

I know this might come of as ranting but I recently came back from being a relatively active poster/browser and in my humble opinion navigation has become strictly worse in every regards. I remember a more clean and neat design, it's difficult to find the usual forums I look at and theres ads everywhere. 

What happened?

Advertisement

Some of the navigation has been optimised so that other content, which isn't on the forums, is easier to reach.

You can still get to all the forums via the menu, so it doesn't take too long to get used to the new system.

1 hour ago, KaiserJohan said:

I know this might come of as ranting but I recently came back from being a relatively active poster/browser and in my humble opinion navigation has become strictly worse in every regards. I remember a more clean and neat design, it's difficult to find the usual forums I look at and theres ads everywhere. 

What happened?

You know what?!  with each new change I'd cringe a bit, but then after about a week I'd enjoy it more than how it was before.  The latest change I've noticed is being able to see the activity of the past hour.  At first I thought it annoying, now I love scrolling through to see what's 'the thing' being talked about.

2 hours ago, KaiserJohan said:

What happened?

This is a difficult question to answer without more context. Member since 2011 - so when did you stop being active? what brought you back? How long was the gap between "leaving" and "coming back"?

A lot has happened since April 2016, and I'm willing to provide an explanation behind anything in particular that has changed in that timeframe. I just need to know specific questions and where to start.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement