🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Blog editing - too much time has passed

Started by
5 comments, last by khawk 5 years, 11 months ago

I don't think it used to do this, but now when I edit a blog (from earlier today) after writing the edit, it gives an error message saying too much time has passed to edit the blog, and the edit is lost. Luckily I had not typed a great deal. But it strikes me if there is a time limit for editing blog posts it should not give you the option to edit, to save the wasted time making the edit.

However on balance I am not sure that having a time limit for editing posts is necessarily a good idea, as there may be good reasons for needing to edit (perhaps a link has changed, or image hosting site has changed, or error needs correcting). Maybe there is good reason for it, or it is simply a bug.

Advertisement

Yeah this is a problem with a recent upgrade. Several users have reported it in the support tickets. I know what's causing the problem, but not why yet. Either way, it's on the list to fix very soon.

Admin for GameDev.net.

WAhhh... ((  ((  ....  I cannot edited my Blogs non-posted and I cannot even deleted it  : ((  : (( I spend to much on it LOL : - D

38 minutes ago, DexterZ101 said:

WAhhh... ((  ((  ....  I cannot edited my Blogs non-posted and I cannot even deleted it  : ((  : (( I spend to much on it LOL : - D

hahaha

Sorry everyone. Until I can track down the code bug causing this I have to manually reset the database for your entries. I just did that, so you should be able to edit. Of course, if you create a new entry then it will be uneditable until I manually reset again. :) Hope to resolve that shortly.

Admin for GameDev.net.

I've just submitted a patch to fix this. You should be able to edit your entries normally again.

Admin for GameDev.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement