🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Horrible soundtrack

Started by
4 comments, last by SolDirix 5 years, 10 months ago

I am now making an soundtrack for my game, but halfway i realized me it was horrible.

Can somebody please give me some tips to improve it

Ps: i have used Bosca Ceoil to make it.

Pss: I'm not english, so don't get upset about my english

1.wav

Advertisement

There's a lot here to discuss but what would be most helpful from the start is if you could point to some references of other soundtracks that you feel would be your goal. What are you wanting your game to sound like? In your track, what do you find horrible about it? How are you missing your own target? This will help us give you better, more targeted feedback. 

For example, when I listen to your track, it's not clear to me if you're wanting a retro 8-bit sounding OST or is that simple the sound sources you have available for use. How much musical training do you have? Creating game music these days involves so much more than just writing music - there's production and arrangement. There are also technical issues that you should plan for (i.e. interactive music vs. static looping tracks). Give us a bit more info and we'll be able to help you better. 

Thanks!

Nate

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

Try playing simple one note melodies to get the emotion you are looking for.  When that works for you, add additional instruments.

Good luck!

What kind of game is it that you're making? Who is the intended audience, and what kind of emotion are you trying to set for the game itself? 

If you could give us some background, that will help us help you. :)

Hey, it's loads better than the intro theme for Crazy Bus.

View my game dev blog here!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement