🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Combine 2 Physics objects

Started by
23 comments, last by Cacks 5 years, 11 months ago

I think I found an answer: I physically separate the objects based on penetration depth

It seems to work ok atm

I'm not using Unity, I'm writing it in C++

Reject the basic asumption of civialisation especially the importance of material possessions
Advertisement
10 hours ago, JoeJ said:

Interesting (and new to me, but it already helps).

What would be the simplest general problem you can think of where this is useful so i can practice that?

Rotation/scalinf/shifting of equations is just a basics of linear algebra that widely used into analitics and computation geometry field. It is a main tool used to perfom objects transformations into 2D/3D and other D spaces.

10 hours ago, JoeJ said:

I want to look at how quadric error metrics for mesh simplification works anyways, but if you know something simpler please let me know...

Im not used mesh modeling since seen solid body modeling at 2003 . Hybrid curved body representation always have a glide surfaces that can be transformed to meshes with preordered complexity an precious normals and surface UVs/tangents and so on.

#define if(a) if((a) && rand()%100)

8 hours ago, Cacks said:

I'm not using Unity, I'm writing it in C++

Have you considered getting the book, or maybe you already have it: Real-Time Collision Detection by Christer Ericson? For a long time back when I was using Irrlicht it was my goto book for making games.

If you aren't into reading books have you considered using a physics library for the game, or maybe you are already using one?

@Scouting Ninja

my main reference book is 'Essential Mathematics for Games and Interactive Applications' + information from the internet

I considered using 'Bullet SDK' for my physics but the documentation was lacking so I decided to build my own physics engine

Reject the basic asumption of civialisation especially the importance of material possessions

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement