🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Sharing my work with you

Started by
3 comments, last by VociferousMusic 5 years, 11 months ago

Hi people,

I am new to this website, I recently got attention to this and I thought I would become a part of this community. Today, as a start-off, I would like to share my previous work with you. If that was not obvious yet, I am a music composer. :)

I already started to produce music since I am a child, and my life goal probably is to start a real career in regards to it. In the past, I used to produce much of electronical music, mostly related to Techno or other sub-genres, that belong to EDM. Since I was not successful with it (apart from moderately high views on YouTube), I started to change my style of music and eventually found much interest in the orchestral scene, which leaded to many different sub-genres, even other music genres, I personally would tag under Jazz.

To my fortune, I already succeed to compose music for an online game. However, this game is rather small and has a very small playerbase, so I would consider this as a little fulfilled side-goal, to fresh-up my career. I am very glad to tell, that I already found a bigger movie studio, that is interested in taking me to become their music composer. I basically will be responsible for the entire soundtrack of a movie, which will be shown in the cinematics, which in my opinion even might be the real breakthrough, and probably the best career chance I ever will meet.

However, this movie project will start in the future and I still have space of a few years of scope for other projects. 

But now to the music I would like to share with you! Here are some of my latest works.

Note: Every soundtrack (covers included) was completely created by myself without any samples involved of other's or original work.

Cinematic Music

Forgotten Legend - Tags: Orchestral, Dramatic, Emotional, Powerful, Epic, Hero, Fantasy, Action

Fiasco - Tags: Orchestral, Dramatic, Powerful, Epic, Fantasy, Action, Trailer

Goddess Amanda's Reach - Tags: Orchestral, Dramatic, Powerful, Fantasy, Action

The Eternality - Orchestral, Tags: Powerful, Emotional, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Uplifting

The Beast Within - Orchestral, Tages: Powerful, Thriller, Trailer, Scary, Mystery, Epic, Dramatic, Dark

The Bliss - Tags: Orchestral, Fantasy, Uplifting, Hero, Powerful, Emotional, Symphony

Magical Winter - Tags: Symphony, Jazzy, Emotional, Fantasy, Orchestral

Other Music (Non-electronical)

Spooky Adventure - Tags: Jazz, Funny, Cartoon-ish, Swing

Spooky Ambience - Tags: Calm, Swing, Jazz, Ambience

Haunted House - Tags: Cartoon-ish, Jazz, Mystery, Spooky, Orchestral

Mystic Valley - Tags: Ambience, Epic, Emotional, Scary, Dark

Covers / Remakes

Skyrim Main theme - Tags: Orchestral, Epic, Uplifting, Action, Fantasy, Powerful, Dramatic

Super Mario 3D World: Bowser's World - Tags: Jazz, Swing, Dark, Orchestral

Hall of the Inferno (Soundtrack from 'The last Airbender') - Tags: Orchestral, Percussions, Powerful, Epic, Dramatic

I would be more than glad to receive some feedback about my work. I never get enough of that. It really helps me a lot to know what people think, I am good at, and where some improvement is needed.

I could provide you even more examples, but some of the soundtracks are not uploaded yet. I might do another people, where I will add another couple of soundtracks.

But for now, thank you all for listening to my music! :)

Best regards,

Vociferous Music

Advertisement

Welcome to the community, from a fellow newbie member! :) I'm really liking what I'm hearing thus far! I definitely wish you the best as you pursue your career goals and, based on what I'm hearing, I have a feeling you'll reach your goal in no time!

What program are you using to compose your music? I'm more of a video game music person myself, but haven't yet delved into the orchestral sounds (but I'm very curious about it). 

4 hours ago, BitsNPiecesMusic said:

Welcome to the community, from a fellow newbie member! :) I'm really liking what I'm hearing thus far! I definitely wish you the best as you pursue your career goals and, based on what I'm hearing, I have a feeling you'll reach your goal in no time!

What program are you using to compose your music? I'm more of a video game music person myself, but haven't yet delved into the orchestral sounds (but I'm very curious about it). 

Hello BitsNPiecesMusic,

thank you very much for your neat feedback!

I currently work with "PreSonus - Studio One", since 2015. It might not be very known, but as you can hear out, you are able to achieve really good results with it. But of course, I must say, that it does not really depend on what software you use. Other more known softwares, such as FL Studio, Pro Tools, Cubase etc. are just as good!

To make my audio sound like orchestra/big band live recording, you simply have to know how to use reverb effects. There are several tutorials on YouTube to guide you. On the other hand, you certainly need to get nice sounding instruments, which also is very important.

Within the time, I started to get more and more high quality instruments, starting from the very common ones, such as string esembles, brasses to more unusual instruments. If you purchase plugins, you should start off with the instruments, that are more in the foreground and usually are part of any composition by default. All kinds of strings (Basses, Cellos, Violas, Violins) are a good example for that.

Another important part of the production of professional music is working with the stereo. Inform yourself how an orchestral big band is built-up, look where which instrument usually is placed and play a lot with the pan stuff. It really adds a realistic feeling of being right into the concert hall/stage score.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask! :) 

Hi,

here are more soundtracks, perfectly fitting the summer season. They are three different songs with three different music genres and topics. Enjoy!

Beach Party - Tags: Jazz, Swing, Orchestral, Big Band, Sea, Party, Uplifting

Splash Bash - Tags: Swing, Orchestral, Big Band, Sea, Uplifting, Fantasy, Adventure

Coral Riff - Tags: Orchestral, Symphony, Sea, Fantasy, Ambience, Underwater

Cheers!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement