🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Form Up! Voltron Inspiration

Started by
7 comments, last by Chris Schmidt 5 years, 10 months ago

The seventh season of Voltron dropped today, and last night I took it as an opportunity to try creating something like the music from the show. I don't do a lot of synth stuff, so it was an opportunity try some of that out. I tried to make it seem like the intro to something like a short, cinematic opening.

Advertisement

i really dig the sound! Bass and drums could be a bit louder at 0:33. I usually hate the general midi distortion guitar sound but i think it fit here perfectly and nice mix overall!

www.laurikoivisto.com

2 hours ago, laurikoivisto said:

i really dig the sound! Bass and drums could be a bit louder at 0:33. I usually hate the general midi distortion guitar sound but i think it fit here perfectly and nice mix overall!

Hey, thanks! And here I'd lowered the bass and drums fearing they'd be too loud.

Also, those are not MIDI guitars. 

I think this sounds pretty great! I do admit, slightly turning up the drums and bass could really enhance the track. But, as someone who is pretty new to the music-making scene, I also tend to fear that my drum and bass lines will be too loud. 

Keep up the awesome work!

7 hours ago, Chris Schmidt said:

Also, those are not MIDI guitars. 

Really? My bad! It's a nice sound!

www.laurikoivisto.com

21 hours ago, BitsNPiecesMusic said:

I think this sounds pretty great! I do admit, slightly turning up the drums and bass could really enhance the track. But, as someone who is pretty new to the music-making scene, I also tend to fear that my drum and bass lines will be too loud. 

Keep up the awesome work!

Thanks! I actually have made a version now with the bass and drums increased a bit, as well as other tweaks. I'll probably upload it next week sometime.

I dig it! Nice job! 

Nathan Madsen
Nate (AT) MadsenStudios (DOT) Com
Composer-Sound Designer
Madsen Studios
Austin, TX

16 hours ago, nsmadsen said:

I dig it! Nice job! 

Thanks!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement