🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

LibGDX 3D Framework - Lewy3dFramework

Started by
0 comments, last by Lewy Williams 5 years, 6 months ago

Big hello to all LibGDX and Java game developers. 

A few weeks ago I started getting dirty with 3D development using the LibGDX 3D API. After a lot of learning about the API and how it works... I came to the conclusion that the API is very good. I decided to start developing a little framework not too long ago that makes the 3D development process a lot easier and cuts the development process of games by a large amount.

Everyone loves the Unity3D engine, and the simplicity of the scripting engine. I decided to develop my framework that mimics Unity's behavior and adopt the simplicity of interacting with game objects etc... this framework also handles the majority of the rendering for you... so all you're required to do is create your game objects and instantiate it, and the rendering will be done for you automatically.

The github page is https://github.com/wkdwilliams/lewy3dengine. Go pull it and have a look. I personally think this has potential to be a handy framework to use for developers to start 3D development with LibGDX.

The framework is not ready for production of games since it's not finished, and does contain some small bugs (most I'm aware of such as the rigidbody collisions) that I haven't fixed just yet, but does function quite good so far. Feedback is welcome.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement