🎉 Celebrating 25 Years of GameDev.net! 🎉

Not many can claim 25 years on the Internet! Join us in celebrating this milestone. Learn more about our history, and thank you for being a part of our community!

Unity Issues rendering 2D tiles

Started by
3 comments, last by Sir_Pep 5 years, 5 months ago

I have been making my game 2d in Unity and almost immediately came upon this 2D tile rendering issue.

All I've found online, and am using, is a hack to fix it which includes separating them all, and in some cases drawing lines in between every single tile to match colors.
I'm wondering if anyone else has this issue and how to fix it. 

Also, @CrazyCdn here's what I meant. You see streaks across the tiles that shoudn't be there.

Issue1.JPG.8696c9488fb7118fef552a2cf62595c4.JPG

Issue2.JPG.3afbd06689c56cbc838dd5fbf4d2d494.JPG

Also, here's a youtube video of that exact problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW53YIjhQsA

Advertisement

What does your tilesheet actually look like?  Like in the video you linked, you're extending the color in all 4 directions right, not just in between each tile?  Maybe post some screenshots of your sprite setups in Unity?

I'm on a 2k and 4k monitor setup so your images were tiny.  I zoomed in as much as I could and circled what I believe you're talking about, I hope?  As @Septopus mentioned, can we see your sprite sheet?  I've never used Unity as I work with my own engine, but with more information others here might be able to assist you better.  Anyway, for myself and others I circled what I believe you're talking about (I hope) if not can you point them out?

unity tiling lines.png

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

Here are the 2 pictures just circled.

I'll also add the tilesheet and a circle where the tile is which is in 32x32 so I'm sorry if it's small.

This one comes from the top row of the tileset

InkedIssue1_LI.jpg.062fedabf885df29c559266e471cf91b.jpg

This one comes from the circles area on the tileset.

InkedIssue2_LI.jpg.6c071bc2aad31dc7f08508a60eaf3e76.jpg

InkedTileset1_LI.jpg.c6031664db67352a099e3056c1b230e5.jpg

This issue was apparently fixed in Unity 2017.2 according to their issue tracker but I'm still having it.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement