Advertisement

drawing triangle

Started by June 20, 2019 02:44 AM
24 comments, last by jbadams 5 years, 2 months ago

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

well why did you guys downvote me again, I am new to direct x and am doing my best to understand it.

Advertisement
1 hour ago, phil67rpg said:

well why did you guys downvote me again, I am new to direct x and am doing my best to understand it.

Don't worry. Some mod will come along and remove the downvote and give a warning to the person that did it to not downvote you ever again or suffer the consequences.

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂<←The tone posse, ready for action.

I don't downvote. I do think that in general downvotes are not a good means to improve quality, or whatever. But that's just me.

I did another short overfly of the tutorial @phil67rpg mentioned, and imo, though i have never touched D3D (all those macros are terrible, who invented that ? ? ?), there is everything in there you need to accomplish the task "changing colours during runtime". Read again the hints and help you got, we can't do more or we'd have to write the lines for you.

Cookbook: what you have to add is a simple control structure, a loop, in which you calc the colour, lock the buffer, update its contents, and unlock it again.

It may be an idea - if you are stuck - to just carry on with the tutorial. As your skills improve, the answer will probably come automagically upon you.

And that's it from my side. I have my own bugs to attend to ;-)

3 hours ago, fleabay said:

Don't worry. Some mod will come along and remove the downvote and give a warning to the person that did it to not downvote you ever again or suffer the consequences

cool I will wait for that. I am still getting downvotes

can I get help from mod?

Advertisement

Down votes happen.  They're (currently) a part of how the site works.

I can't speak for the person who down voted you, but I suspect in this case it was for asking a somewhat poorly formed question:

"I have worked with this function but  it still does not work" lacks details that are really needed to help you: what are you expecting to happen, what's actually happening instead, etc.  People have advised you more than once in the past how to ask better, more detailed questions so that others will be able to help you.

It is my determination as a moderator that this downvote is therefore not unfair or abusive, and we will not be reversing it, warning the member in question, etc.  We do that only in very rare cases where it seems the system is being used unfairly.

Down votes can provide a hint that someone thinks you may be doing something wrong, phrasing things impolitely, or similar behaviours, but if they bother you my advice is to simply ignore them.  Please don't drag your own discussions off topic asking for a moderator every time someone down votes a post.

...and now, as we're quite off topic even after moderators have removed a number of unhelpful replies (and a couple of members have self-censored their own posts), I'm going to close this particular discussion.

You're welcome to start a new one if you still need help Phil, but at this stage I'm not sure what others could do to help you with this particular question short of writing the code for you.  If you do want further help, remember to provide the details people need to help you.

- Jason Astle-Adams

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement