Advertisement

Looking for resources and information about implementing multiplayer on phone apps

Started by June 22, 2019 06:09 PM
0 comments, last by LeakyNoob 5 years, 2 months ago

Hi friends, new to the programming scene here so I'm in the 'I know nothing about anything' boat. I've been wanting to make a mobile game for a while now and I've been reading up a lot of information on how to get about doing that. The thing that's got me stumped right now is implementing multiplay on mobile games. What I'm trying to accomplish here is to have it so that players will be able to challenge each other over the internet, but more importantly I'd like to have the players be able to challenge people in their immediate area as well. Do you guys know what resources are available where I can learn how to do that? So far I've only been able to find articles saying how information and data is exchanged between servers and clients but I would like something more in depth on how to actually program the stuff and what sort of things I'll need (like buying a server, etc). If any of you have experience in this area your input would be much appreciated as well. Also, I am thinking about using MIT's app inventor; I'm not too familiar with it yet but will there be any complications for using that? Much thanks ;) 

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement