Advertisement

Purpose of a Game Blog, and should I start one?

Started by July 26, 2019 05:50 PM
1 comment, last by Guy Fleegman 5 years, 1 month ago

Hello!

Reading up on advice for beginner game devs one of the points of advice was to start a Game Dev Blog. I looked a few up and many of them discuss game development of their own projects and such, some reviews on other games. 

For my purposes, is it wise to put energy into a blog? I don’t have a major project to promote yet, though I’m considering reworking an old game jam prototype. I hesitate to try due to how small my projects are in comparison. 

Any thoughts on Game Dev Blogs?

Adam Mason Wong

I'd look at having a game development blog as a weekly report on your progress. It should be a motivator to keep going on your project and see it to some level of completion. Think of it as a status report to your imaginary boss who won't fire you. A weekly post shouldn't be all that time consuming. Documenting your development can be quite useful when you start another project and look back on the path you took.

From a reader perspective, I don't know of many small project blogs, but the ones I have stumbled across provided a lot of inspiration and perspective because they spoke directly to me.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement