Advertisement

Launched my first game. Now what?

Started by September 16, 2019 09:22 AM
1 comment, last by Tom Sloper 4 years, 12 months ago

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, just getting to know the lay of the land, so I'll just jump in with my question.

After some intense development period that lasted 10 months, my friend The Programmer and I (The Designer) just launched our first FREE game on GooglePlay, called Starman Journey to Mars. For those interested, you can check it out in the link bellow.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.QuoVadisGames.StarmanJourneyMars&hl=en

So now that production is done, we're stuck with the relatively unexpected challenge of actually promoting the game and getting players. To that end we welcome any advice about where we need to go from here and what we need to focus on. Can anyone help point us in the right direction? Any Marketing advice would be worth its weight in gold to us :)

So far, our game has been received relatively well on the store but we are also interested in any feedback you might have, should you choose to play it.

Do you like it? Any strong point or weaknesses we should be focusing on?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take the time to answer or give the game a try.

Cheers!

Starman Journey to Mars Team

Starman_JourneyToMars.jpg

4 hours ago, QuoVadis said:

So now that production is done, we're stuck with the relatively unexpected challenge of actually promoting the game and getting players.

You can get marketing advice by asking for it in the Business forum. Many others have gotten advice about marketing their games in https://www.gamedev.net/forums/forum/23-games-business-and-law/ - you can read those threads and see the advice they've gotten.

4 hours ago, QuoVadis said:

Do you like it? Any strong point or weaknesses we should be focusing on?

You can get better feedback by posting in the appropriate forum and asking focused questions about parts of the game you think need improvement. Best not to try to accomplish too much with one post (marketing advice plus promoting your game plus feedback on graphics and game design all in one post, for instance).  

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement