Advertisement

Help To Create a Smal walkable l Planet

Started by December 26, 2019 02:04 AM
2 comments, last by Sylon87 4 years, 8 months ago

hello.

i'm looking to create a small walkable planet physics in unity, buti i'm not really good in physics and math. anyone have a good advice?

a good tutorial,or book, or something else...thank's in advance

Do you want to create the whole physics (incl. calculating of collision & response yourself - which is quite a big task), or do you just want to use Unity's physics engine, but searching for a way how to use it for planet?

Do you want to just walk on the planet (+ jump), or also model the physics of atmospheric and/or orbital flight around it?

Who is going to control the movement? Player, or do you also look for a path finding solution?

My current blog on programming, linux and stuff - http://gameprogrammerdiary.blogspot.com

Advertisement

thank's you for your help!

well, i'm looking to a way to walk/jump, i know that the unity physics system with some setup will be ready, and i'm wondering if i will obtain a better results with the raycast instead using collider(on the performance side)

and also i knwo that it will be complicated to build it myself without using unity physics, but i want firstly understand the physics behind it..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement